Friday, May 25, 2012

Witches Final Projects Continue

 As I looked around the room today, I realized that these student-directed projects have created a unique feel in the room. While I may be reducing the students' need for me, the engagment, learning, and focused energy swirling around the room is well-worth it.  Today's progress included a student carefully cutting out car keys for her witch's potion, another figuring out how to access his jeopardy link from the blog, two students proof-reading their digital stories, all the while carefully checking off personalized game plans and returning to work (often annoucing, "I am ahead of my game plan already!"). Today's highlights:
1.Watching two boys struggle and succeed in making a witch's bucket, without complaining, getting frustrated, or needing assistance from me.
3. Upon completion of their projects, each of the students looked around the room and asked permisison to help classmates or the remainder of class (this is what collaboration should look like!)
 2. One student completed his digital story for homework...homework that he assigned himself..for fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment